Jul 28, 2014
The Judo Alberta coaching staffs has released the Elite Athlete funding application.
This application is for funding for Judo Alberta/ Judo Canada events that have taken or will take place between: June 2014-August 2014. * Please note there will be no funds granted for Junior U.S Open since Judo Alberta has already allocated funding for this event *
The elite athlete funding is for athletes in age divisions U18, U21, and Senior that our travelling out of province for tournaments or training camps at a national or international level.
The Judo Alberta coaching staffs is allocating $1900.00 towards this part of the season for elite level athletes. The whole funds may or may not be completely used depending on the number of applicants and events.
Applying for this funding does not guarantee that funds will be issued to you. The coaching staff are looking for athletes that have shown dedication to their own judo training, tournament participation, and training camp participation. Also the coaching staff are looking for athletes that are planning for future goals in the sport.
The coaching staff do want the athletes to have full support from their personal coach/ head sensei/club before applying for funds.
The deadline to apply for this round of funding is: August 10th, 2014.
Please submit funding applications to Laurie Wiltshire: email@example.com.
Alberta Elite Athlete Funding Policy
Judo Alberta would like to fund serious athletes that would like to eventually represent Canada at international events on the U18, U21 and senior level of competition.
Application for Funding:
- Any athlete that would like to apply for funding can do so when the application comes out, 1 time in the fall, 1 time in winter, and 1 time in the summer.
- Funding is budget permitting only
- Athletes must submit a letter of intent to the coaching staff by application deadlines. This letter must include a plan of tournaments, training regiment, and past judo accomplishments.
- After the due date for the applications the coaching staff will then review the applications and allocate the funding as they see fit.
- Application to the coaching staff does not guarantee funding.
- The athletes applying for funding are expected to be in good standing with Judo Alberta, participating in provincial training camps and competitions, or athletes that are training at the NTC.
After national championship selections:
- The provincial coaching staff will allocate a certain amount of funding for selected athletes after national championships, budget permitting.